Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Today was an absolutely georgeous day. Bo & I went to Palo Duro Canyon and hiked 6 miles. It was great and I loved it, but my shoulders are pretty red and sunburned. We were so tired afterward. It's not the same as just walking on the street. There are many hills and valleys, so you really get your exercise. There were so many people out there today and lots riding their mountain bikes thru the trails.



Bo & I rode mountain bikes thru the hills in Colorado one time about 7 or 8 years ago. We were with a group of people that worked for the same company as Bo. One guy fell off his bike and hit his head on a rock. He was knocked unconscious for about 5 minutes. The guide that was with us would not let him move and a helicopter was called because there was no way for a land vehicle to get to him. When we got to the end of the trail, a local news reporter was there and interviewed several people and it was on the news that night. It was quite an ordeal and the talk of dinner that night. (The guy just had a slight concusion and was fine in a day or so).

Mountain biking is a pretty strenuous sport, too strenuous for me, I think. Now here's the way to go. Bo & I took this bike tour down Haleakala Volcano in Maui, Hawaii on our honeymoon 11 1/2 years ago. It was wonderful. Downhill all the way, nice smooth road, beautiful weather and scenery. It was great and a very special memory for me.

In fact, Bo was the one who booked the bike ride in Colorado for the group, because we had enjoyed the bike ride in Hawaii so much. We thought it would be the same as the ride in Hawaii, coasting down the mountain on the pavement, but when we got there, we found out it was on the dirt and thru the hills and valleys. But it was fun anyway, albeit it exhasting for someone not in shape for it, like me. Bo likes mountain-biking though.

Well that's it for me. Have a good night.

No comments: