Saturday, March 03, 2007

God's Love

I keep hearing that God loves everyone. Smile, God loves you & such. I do not believe this to be true. ~Shocking, I know. I believe God loves his people, his elect. He loves them with an everlasting love. He loves them so much that he sent his son to die for them and everyone of them will go to heaven.

If God did love everyone, then what would God's love have to do with anyone's salvation? Apparently, nothing. Because some people will die and go to hell. Will God still love them when they're in hell? Or will he change, and hate them then?

As much as we love our children, would we let one die and go to hell, if we had the power to stop it? Would we say, "You have sinned and you did not choose to follow me, so you must go to hell." Or would we grab them up, change their heart, and take them to heaven anyway, knowing what is best for them, even if they don't. Is God's love less than ours? I don't believe so. It's more, much more.

God loves his people so much that he would not let even one go to hell. He did all that was needed to insure that ALL the elect go to heaven. He sent his son to die to pay for their sins, and that IS enough.

What a wonderful, merciful, loving, God!

1 comment:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Thats the truth! It may not be a popular truth but non the less it is the truth! What I would'nt do to get my worldly children to believe. To turn, but they wont.They dont care about the things of God. I wont give up tho , I will continue to pray, and if it pleases the Lord to save them, praise be to God. ALL that the Father gave to the Son, the holy spirit WILL draw!They will be saved, HE won't lose a one.