Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Today was a pretty uneventful day. Probably not one that I will remember ten years from now (that is, unless something drastic happens between now and midnight). I worked most of the day and it rained most of the day too. After work, Jenny went with me to look for granite and tile for our house remodel. I think I've changed my mind about the granite. I'm thinking of going with BLACK granite for the kitchen countertops and butcher block for the kitchen island with beige blacksplash tile and yellow for the wall color. We found a picture in a magazine like that and I really like it. But we'll see.

I took Mason to a barbeque/party tonight for the graduating homeschooled seniors. He will be all done with school in about 3 weeks and will be in a graduation ceremony in May. One week from today he will be sixteen! He and Bo are leaving for Washington, D.C. next Tuesday with the Texas Cattle Feeders Association, so that will be his birthday and graduation present along with a vehicle to drive. He is getting our old 1995 Tahoe. A pretty good ride for your first vehicle, I say. It's been being worked on the last couple of weeks getting it in good shape for him. Many changes are about to happen in his life. I think he will keep his job at Sonic for a while but will begin to get more hours when he turns sixteen. Fifteen year olds can only work about 12 or so hours a week, so he has only been working on Saturday and Sunday. After next week he can work more days with more hours, and he's going to need those hours of work to pay for gas in that Tahoe. It costs $50 - $60 to fill that sucker up with gas.

Well, that's it for me today. TTYL.

No comments: