Sunday, March 25, 2007

Discouraged

Well, I'm feeling a little discouraged today about the house deal. I went to several open houses this afternoon. I just like doing that and I like to get ideas for decorating also. When I was out, I drove by the house we are waiting for to be built and saw people going into it, so I stopped and went inside. It looks to me like it is no where near finished, and as slow as those people work, I just don't see how it can be finished in a month (which was the latest estimated date of completion). Here are a couple of pictures I took inside:





















It looks like about 3 or 4 months work of work to me with as slow as these builders are. And the other day I was talking to a guy that I planned to have do our hardwood floors. I told him our situation and where this house is and how we are waiting for it to be finished, and that it should be finished by the first of May. He actually began to laugh, and said, 'mam, I know that house & I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I don't think there's anyway that house will be finished by then. I know those builders.'

OK. So it's probably going to be 3 or 4 more months. We've been waiting for this house for a year this month. We thought it would be six months or so, but just kept waiting because each month or so, we thought 'well, we might as well just wait, it's not that much longer.'

Now I think it's getting ridiculous. I don't like the thought of spending another summer in this townhouse with no yard (even though it's really a very nice place). But hey, we've waited this long, might as well wait another few months. --Uh, that's what we have been saying, and the months have turned into a year, and now over a year.

I've booked our remodelers to start May 1st. That will have to be cancelled and rescheduled, rescheduled for when, I don't know. I need to give the remodelers a month, month and a half advance notice.

What do we do? Keep waiting? I like the house. I think we are getting it at a good price. I really don't want to start looking again. And the place we are living now is not bad at all. (except it has no yard). --But as I said, this is getting ridiculous.

OK. I'm through griping and complaining now. Thanks for listening, ....er reading, I mean.

4 comments:

eileen~ said...

I remember when I used to go home to California to see my mom we always went to those 'parade of homes' and we just absolutely loved doing that. Every house had a treat and we would ooohh and aahhh to our hearts content.

Do they give you a reason why they don't work steadily on it? I bet the wait will be worth it! Hope it is sooner than you think.

Carol said...

Just that they are very busy with other things.

Actually this house I am talking about is not our house. The people we are buying our house from are building this house and we are waiting for them to finish so we can move into their old house.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I heard you might be visiting east Texas...Come on down Hon!

Carol said...

Well, I was thinking about it, but changed my mind. I will come to Tyler before too long though. Probably when Mason finished school.