Saturday, February 25, 2006

It is a cold and windy Saturday morning. It's supposed to warm back up tomorrow and reach 80 by Tuesday, I think. Cool! I love warm weather. Although I have to say we have had such a mild winter. But it's been months since we've had any rain. It's really dry around here.

I sat and talked with a lady for a while the other day about religion. I really didn't say much, mostly just listened, but left feeling somewhat empty and sad. What I heard and what I usually hear from modern day religionists is so man-centered. It's all about us, and what we need to do (or stop doing). I can see how people become so disillusioned with religion. To me, it's so daunting, all the things they say we are to do. Where is the freedom in that?

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. Romans 7:18

Yes, but....

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE! John 8:32

If the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed! John 8:36

1 comment:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Hunnyyyy,
Can you give us an update on your househunting Please. I had a friend request that we get an update, if you dont mind.
Thank you very much
Gendy