Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Would you take me to the mall? Would you take me to the YMCA? Would you take me to work? I need a ride to my friends house. These are questions I hear almost daily. But in just one month, I shouldn't be hearing them anymore. Mason will be turning 16, and he will be getting his driver's license (if he passes the driving test). Yikes! Mason with his driver's license. That's a scarey thought. No, really, he's a pretty responsible boy.

I have had kids that needed rides for the last 27 years of my life. Since I was 23 years old and had my first son, Cody. Now, Cody & Mason were both very good to use their legs and their bicycles to get around quite a bit. But still, there are lots of places legs and bicycles can't go and get there very quickly.

Part of me is glad Mason will be driving, and part of me is sad too. He is growing up and moving on, just like Cody did. And the old saying:

A daughter is a daughter all of her life, but a son is a son til he takes a wife.

is true in a lot of ways.

---Well, I still have a few more years with Corbin.

No comments: