Wednesday, November 22, 2006

November Thankfulness: the Internet

I'm getting packed tonight. I am flying to Tyler tomorrow to visit my family for Thanksgiving. Whitney will take me to the airport in the morning as she is leaving for Gruver to spend Thanksgiving with her grandparents. Bo & Mason left this afternoon for Dallas. They will spend the night there tonight and go to the Cowboys game tomorrow. After the game they will drive on over to Tyler, we will stay there for a couple of days and all come home together on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to spending time with my family and am thankful for each and everyone of them. Today was a gorgeous day. I worked until about 3:00, then came home and rode my bike for an hour. It was great! No wind and warm temperatures. I usually ride or walk over by the house being built by the people whose old house we will be buying. (Did that make sense?) It is coming right along and looks to me like it should be finished in a couple of months or so. Then we will be moving AGAIN. Ugh. I don't like moving, but I am glad to be getting into a house with a yard. I miss sitting out on my porch and just being outside. This townhouse we are in is very nice and has been great though.

Today I am thankful for my computer and the internet. I probably spend too much time on it, but I really enjoy all the things I do with it. I know there is lots of bad stuff on the internet, but there is lots of good stuff too. I found my favorite preacher, Henry Mahan on the internet and many others that I really like to listen to. Also, I've learned so much thru good articles by great old (and new) religious writers and have been so blessed by them. And I like to blog and read other blogs and visit discussion forums.

Well, I've got to get packed. You have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: