Saturday, November 18, 2006

November Thankfulness: Dreams

Today I'm thankful for dreams. I had a terrible dream last night that Bo was secretly engaged to be married to another woman (yes, while he was still married to me). Also, in this dream I found out that he had been married to three other women before me, ---all at the same time! It sounds funny, but in the dream I was really upset, and when I woke up, I was so relieved that it was just a dream. For some reason, the feeling I had in the dream stayed with me a long time today. Do you know what I mean? Do you ever get a certain feeling in a dream and it stays with you for a while? Good dreams with good feelings are great, but bad ones can be nice too, in that there is such a great sense of relief when you wake up and a sense of appreciation for what you really do have. I felt that way today. I kept looking at Bo and feeling so glad that he is a faithful husband.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams. ---Ralph Waldo Emerson

(That's kind of scarey)

Tags: dreams, sleep

No comments: