Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day of the Year

Today was a busy day. It started out with plumbing problems at my house. The bathtub would hardly drain and the toilet backed up into the shower, so that was nice. (NOT!) Today was the day for my ladies to come clean so I thought I was going to have to call them and cancel and I wasn't happy about that, because my house was pretty dirty after all the cooking and extra folks around during the holidays, (which I loved having by the way). I got on the phone at 7:30 this morning and called Scottco, and wow! were they fast. They were at my house by 8:15 and had everything flowing again by 8:45. The ladies came about 10:00 and I left for work. I stayed there until 4:30 and got ALOT done because I was the only one there, which was nice for being productive. I came home and my house looked bea-u-tiful and that makes me feel happy and carefree (for a little while anyway). Then another guy from Scottco came over and ran a camera thru our pipes. I stood out in the cold and watched the little screen as the camera went thru. ......Very interesting stuff. Never seen anything quite like it before. The guy said it all looked good, and we are guaranteed a year's worth of 'no stop-ups.' That's nice. After that I ran to Walmart for a few things.

Tonight I am just sitting in my chair enjoying the quiet. Mason is watching a John Wayne movie he rented and Bo isn't home from work yet. Lilly is being a good little girl and taking a nap.

That's it for me. Happy New Year to You!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Jenny, my sweet daughter-in-law.

No comments: