Friday, January 19, 2007

It’s 11:00 on Friday night. Bo has gone to bed and I’m sitting up alone just surfing the internet. It has just begun to snow outside and the weatherman predicts we will get 8 - 14 inches tonight and tomorrow. Ugh. I sure hope not. But the Lord knows best and he controls the weather, along with everything else.

I went to Walmart today to get some groceries before the snow storm set in, and it seems many other people in town had the same idea because Walmart was packed. I just hate trying to grocery shop when it’s that busy. There are so many people in the aisles, it’s hard to get thru, and I feel bad if I stop for too long to look at something or read a label because I am in somebody’s way. And then there are the electric cart people who seem to dawdle along. Anyway, today I was on the beverage isle to get my Diet Dr Peppers, and as I reached to pick them up, they slipped out of my hand. The whole pack dropped to the floor and DP’s went rolling everywhere. Of course there were several people on the isle with me at the time, and everybody had to dodge the rolling bottles. Ugh. I WOULD do something goofy like that on such a busy day. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that got everyone out of the way, eh?

I got up early, early on Sat morn to go to WalMart to beat this last storm although it was snowing a bit then. It wasn't busy at all but I did miss my treat of sleeping in on Sat. mornings.

I hadn't been since Christmas and it absolutley cost me a fortune, isn't it awful?

Carol said...

I know what you mean. If I hadn't been to Walmart since Christmas, I would spend ALOT too! It seems I spend alot there anyway, but Walmart is much cheaper than regular grocery stores, it seems to me, at least in our area.