Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nothing Much

Today was such a gorgeous day here in the Texas Panhandle. It was sunny, 60 degrees and virtually no wind. YeeHaw! Days with no wind are few and far between around here, so I get pretty excited when we have one, especially in the dead of winter. Lilly & I went for a 3.5 mile walk around the neighborhood. I'm trying to teach her to HEAL. She is a strong headed little booger, but she is learning. I read that when you let dogs run out in front of you on a walk, they begin to think that THEY are the leader of the pack and you are the follower. They need to know that you are the boss and are in charge. So that's what I am working on. Letting Lilly know that she's not the boss.

After our walk, I went to the mall and walked around for a while, then bought some coffee and just sat and watched people. People are funny, your know. It was a nice afternoon.

Yesterday I was pulling out of the driveway for work when I realized I forgot something in the house. I hit the garage door remote and stopped the garage door from going all the way down. It stopped at about my eye level and I jumped out of the car and proceeded to RUN towards the back door. There was only one problem..... I forgot to duck under the garage door as I ran in. Boom! I hit the door with the left side of my FACE! Owwwww. That really hurt. It took a couple of seconds for me to get my bearings and figure out what a DUMB thing I did. Today I have a big knot on my forehead and red spot under my eye. Good grief. I amaze myself sometimes with my own stupidity.

2 comments:

eileen~ said...

It was gorgeous here too and supposed to be the same way tomorrow. Countdown to spring continues, right?

Sounds like you are enjoying Lilly. I let my dog run out in front, I'm not very disciplined that way, he loves to lead..ha ha!

Owwwww is right, wow! Thankfully it didn't knock you out or anything. Glad you are ok. Was this one of those times when you look around to make sure no one was watching....:)

Carol said...

It was gorgeous here too and supposed to be the same way tomorrow. Countdown to spring continues, right?

Yes! Countdown to Spring. It's getting closer.

Sounds like you are enjoying Lilly. I let my dog run out in front, I'm not very disciplined that way, he loves to lead..ha ha!

Whatever works for you! I am probably a little too disciplined. I need to just relax sometimes.

Owwwww is right, wow! Thankfully it didn't knock you out or anything. Glad you are ok. Was this one of those times when you look around to make sure no one was watching....:)

Exactly. LOL