Sunday, December 10, 2006

Well, I just thought I was on the mend. I woke up Saturday morning and the whole thing started all over again. Ugh. I have been so sick the last 3 1/2 days. Today I am out of bed (and in my chair). I am feeling a little better, but still weak and tired. Hopefully, the worst is over. The nausea is better and that's been the worst of it, I think. I was planning to work tomorrow, but don't know if I'll be able to. One good thing is that feeling so bad makes you really appreciate feeling good, which I tend to take for granted. I have been thinking about my mother while I've been sick because she has been taking chemotherapy and she feels this way most of the time. How miserable that must be. Yesterday was her birthday. She turned 77. She has decided to stop the chemotherapy. It just makes her feel too bad and it's something she would have to continue the rest of her life. Odd, the very treatment you need to keep you alive keeps you in misery while you're alive. ---Or as in the case of my Adam, the chemotherapy itself kills you.

Sometimes this life is hard, but it sure makes heaven look good.

4 comments:

eileen~ said...

Wow, you must have been really, really sick. I wonder if it was food poisioning or the flu? Hope you stay on the mend. Did Bo get sick too?

Oh how I agree about looking to our eternal home with more longing as each day passes....soon and very soon is my hope!

Take care Carol!

Carol said...

Hi Eileen, I don't know what it is, but I don't think I've ever had just a virus last this long. I am feeling better tonight though. And so far, Bo hasnt had any symptoms. Sure hope he doesnt.

Anonymous said...

Carol, I'm sorry that you are still sick but hope you are on the mend by now. i'm also glad that other than this stomach thing you are healthy and able to exercise and do the things you like doing. Not to mention being able to take care of all of us like you do.

Carol said...

I'm feeling much better today, Jocelyne. Thanks for the very nice words!