Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hey! Well, we are finally beginning to get settled in our new place. I have been so busy I haven't had time to do any blogging, and still have tons to do, but oh well. I worked today and it was nice not to have to drive 80 miles to get there. I even came home for lunch!

There have been lots of fires in the panhandle lately. Last weekend while we were moving, the winds were really blowing! Like 40-50 mph. Some fires got started and the winds really accelerated them. Whitney and Mason got here from Stanton Sunday afternoon. Whitney had planned to go on home to Canadian, but ending up having to spend the night with us due to road closings because of the fires. They say they have burned over 1,000,000 acres. Wow, that's alot. We used a horse trailer to move alot of our stuff, and with the wind blowing so hard, everything was covered with dust and dirt.

We will go back to Dalhart this weekend to finish moving and start cleaning. Also, I'm planning to have a garage sale the next weekend, so I've got to start messing with that. One thing I found out is that we just have too much stuff! It's funny how we accumulate things over the years and really don't even need them.

Well, we are liking our new abode. It's very nice! Come see us sometime!

2 comments:

Mamaw 28 said...

I'm glad things are coming together for you. Have you had much time to check out the park?

Carol said...

Mason & I walked over to the library a couple of days ago, and I rode my bike there yesterday. Very nice!