Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Gosh, I've been so busy, I haven't posted in a week. The house is coming along. The painters are finished. The tilers are 80% finished. The wallpaper hanger is finished. The countertops are in. Bo worked hard last weekend installing lighting and ceiling fans. The floor guys are coming back on Sunday to begin sanding and finishing the floors. We move in the weekend of the 16th of June. I will post pictures again when it's done. It looks great, I think.

Last night I listened to a sermon on Sermon Audio by Alfred Chompff called God's Purpose in Predestination. It was such a blessing to me and if you want to hear a good sermon, listen to it. It is quite an humbling sermon focusing alot on Isaiah 43:3-4, talking about God's purpose in reprobation which says:

For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

Also Proverbs 21:18 - The wicked [shall be] a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

Reprobation exists in order that election may be realized. The reprobate give their lives (unknowingly) that the elect might live. God's love for his people is so great that he made a reprobate people so that his people might benefit. He was willing to give up people (reprobates) for the glory of his elect. How, you might ask. For one, there had to be sin and reprobates in order for Christ to be crucified. And Christ being crucified is what saves the elect. Also God uses the reprobate and sin to produce trials and tribulation for the elect to learn and grow in this life, and he even uses the actions of the reprobate as a means to bring his people to him, I believe.

Reprobation of some is the price God pays for the higher glory of his elect, that he loves so very much.

This is just amazing and so very humbling to me. Am I worthy of such? No, no, not at all!

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his GREAT LOVE wherewith he loved us. Ephesians 2:4

I know this sermon would be considered very controversial and "unfair" of God by human standards, but I believe it only teaches what the bible says

No comments: