Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have been dieting since Tuesday, eating around 1,000 calories a day. I know what most will say, .....why are YOU dieting?? I am pretty thin, but I have gained 5 lbs since Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I think if I don't do something about it now, it will slowly begin to creep up again, then before you know it, I'll have 20 lbs to loose. I lost 20 lbs about 5 years ago and have worked hard to keep it off. It really does take a life change to loose weight and KEEP IT OFF. You can't just diet, loose the weight, then go right back to eating the same old way, I have found out, .....much to my chagrin because I LOVE to eat, and my downfall is chocolate and sweets. I love, love, love sweets.

Anyway, I was reading that antioxidants are such good anti-aging foods, so I have been trying to eat alot of them this week (since I AM beginning to get up there in years). I've been eating lots of sweet potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes & blueberries, and avocados. Plus I have not had a Diet Dr Pepper since Monday, and I've been drinking lots of water. Today I noticed that I had alot of energy and really felt good. I can't remember a time that I have actually noticed feeling much better while eating certain things, but I have to say that today I did notice that. I went to the gym and walked 3 miles on the treadmill at 6.6 miles an hour and worked out some on the other equipment, and as I was leaving, I noticed that I didn't feel tired at all and kept wondering if the treadmill pedometer was right.

I just wonder, could it be the foods high in antioxidants causing me to feel so good today? (I really didn't feel bad to begin with). Or is it giving up the Diet Dr Pepper's, or drinking alot of water? (I can't say that is a permanent thing. I like my Diet Dr. Peppers). Or is it just in my head?? I don't know, but hopefully I can continue with my good diet and keep feeling this good!

It ain't easy to eat 1,000 calories a day. Ugh. I'm hungry alot, but I keep telling myself that when I do eat normally again, I get to almost double that. Yea!

1 comment:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Your a good example...Maybe I'll try that!
Love ya,
Me!