Monday, February 18, 2008

Clarification

OK, you know in my last post when I said: I went to the gym and walked 3 miles on the treadmill at 6.6 miles an hour and worked out some on the other equipment, and as I was leaving, I noticed that I didn't feel tired at all and kept wondering if the treadmill pedometer was right.

Well, I've been to the gym twice since then and I now know that the treadmill pedometer WASN'T right. I didn't walk 3 miles at 6.6 miles per hour. For one thing, I wouldn't be able to WALK 6.6 miles an hour. The treadmill would be going too fast to WALK. I would have to RUN at that speed. LOL. I probably walked like 2 miles at 4.5 miles an hour that day.

I knew that was just too easy, too good to be true. But...... what I said after that is still true. I was and am still feeling very good, lots of energy and in a very good, optimistic mood, and I'm loving that.

2 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

well its good to know you didnt really walk 3 miles @ 6.6 miles per hour... Your a little late tho, after I read your post, I said to myself, myself, if Carol can do it so can I . I started out slow and gradually got to 6.6 and in about 1.1/2 minutes I almost died!! I was hangin on to the handholds and skinned my knee before the treadmill threw me back and landed me on my big old rump!
When I got through , I came in here and read this post. At least now I don't feel like a beat up failure. Just a beat up 40 "HONK" year old.
Not really, but that is a good tale tho is'nt it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Haha. Yes, that was a good tale. Glad you didn't injure yourself too badly.

Carol