Sunday, May 28, 2006

We are having a good Memorial Day weekend so far. Corbin spent the night with us last night and this morning we had a good bible study on Joshua & Caleb going over into the promise land to scope out the enemy. We learned that the name Caleb means 'faithful dog.' I like that. A faithful dog loves, and is a good servant to, his master. Oh, that I can be a faithful dog to my master. But I know the only way I can is thru my master himself. I love the statement by Mephibosheth in 2 Samuel 9:

And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?

How truly blessed we are if the Lord of all glory should look upon us. --Only thru the son, Christ Jesus!

(I have a great nephew named Caleb. Michael Shane's son.)

After our bible study, Bo, Corbin & I went over to the Amarillo Zoo. (Mason declined our offer to go with us, so he stayed at home). We had a good time and particularily liked watching the monkeys. Here are three of those monkeys:


There IS a real monkey in the background, but he's hard to see here.





Here's another one of Corbin & I sitting on a turtle (not a real one, you know me better than that!):










And one more of a pretty peacock:











OK. That's it for now. We're off to take a drive around town, chauffered by Mason.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: