Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow & Other Things

We are getting a major snowfall right now. It started this morning about 8:00 and there is already 5-6 inches and it is supposed to snow into the night tonight. Ugh. I didn't have to work today because of the snow and as I was sitting around looking at my swollen, purple and hurting foot, I decided to call the Dr and see if I could get in before the snow got too bad. They said come right now,...so I did. The Dr's office was at the top of a hill, and my little car had a hard time making it up the hill. I kept having to back up until I was at the bottom, got a running start and finally made it into the drive. I limped in to the office. There was hardly anybody there. Smart people! I got my ankle x-rayed and lo, and behold, my lateral maleolus is fractured. Great. I have to wear a boot for 3 weeks and am not supposed to drive. Since I drove myself to the Dr., and had to drive home, they just showed me how to put it on when I got home. I don't think I CAN drive with this boot on, and I'm only supposed to take it off when I shower. Oh. my. goodness.

How do I do these things to myself?















*

2 comments:

Mamaw 28 said...

Oh my goodness, I fail to read blogs for a few days and to my surprise and amazement I get on here tonight uhhhhh this morning and what do I see but a bunged up sister. Glad you went to the doctor and got it taken care of. I am so sorry to see you like this. I hope it is beginning to not hurt so much.

Anonymous said...

Poor Carol!! Hope it gets healed up soon. That drive had me wincing. Glenda Cottle